The digital marketing world is evolving and becoming more and more competitive by the day. Keeping up with trends and harnessing the power of marketing tools is the best way to get in the limelight.
But given the sheer number of tools available, finding the best ones can be annoying and exhausting. Which is why we’ve done up a list of top marketing tools, curated just for you. You might already be using some of them; if not, consider adding them to your marketing toolkit.
Ready? Let’s get down to it.
Competition Research Tools
Understand the digital strategy of your competitors to supercharge yours.
- BuzzSumo: Head to BuzzSumo to collect information on which social networks your competitors are doing well on, what content they’re sharing, which influencers are amplifying their content’s reach, how your content stacks up against theirs, and much more.
- SEMrush: Get insights into your competitors’ marketing tactics, whether it’s organic and paid search, link-building or display ads. Also discover new markets and niches to fill the gap before your competitors do.
- Keywordtool.io: Pull longtail keywords from 192 Google domains + 83 Google language interfaces.
- Monitor Backlinks: Track competitors’ keywords and backlink strategies.
- Owletter: Analyze competitors’ emails, send times, and the latest trends.
- SocialBlade: Spy on your YouTube rivals.
- Visualping: Detect even a slight change in your competitors’ website.
Email Marketing Tools
Nurture your relationship with your prospects and customers.
- Campaign Monitor: Full marks for their human-first approach. Campaign Monitor is a complete email automation tool that enables you to personalize customer journeys using their unique visual journey designer and send tailored, hyper-relevant emails to the right audience at the right time, driving maximum conversions.
- MailChimp: Flexible templates, intuitive and ready-made segments, and one-click automation make MailChimp your go-to asset, especially if you’re a small or growing business. You’ll design standout emails in minutes and extract actionable insights to optimize future campaigns.
- AWeber: A simple email marketing platform ideal for small businesses in need of advanced segmentation features.
- Constant Contact: An excellent tool with basic to advanced features for beginners.
- Litmus: Test emails and site errors on any device.
- Sendinblue: Send transactional email, SMS messages and emails—all at once.
Landing Page Tools
With these tools around, you don’t have to be a coder or a UX design expert to build landing pages.
- Instapage: Much like Unbounce, you can create landing pages using the super intuitive and user-friendly page builder. After reviewing and publishing them, analyze different versions of your landing page in real-time and learn what’s working or needs improvement.
- Unbounce: Choose from over 100+ customizable templates, or start from scratch to create stunning and high-converting landing pages for desktop and mobile, in absolutely no time. A/B test them to see what’s bringing maximum conversions. Plus, pass on leads to over 1,000+ marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Lander: Dynamic text placement, FB landing pages, A/B testing, etc.
- Landingi: Either design your own landing page or get the team to make ’em for you.
- Leadpages: Create landing pages, pop-ups, alert bars, and more.
- Wishpond: Build unlimited landing pages even with the basic package.
Market Research Tools
Don’t turn a blind eye to your customers’ expectations, rather use that info to design exceptional experiences for them.
- Survey Monkey: Choose from over 200 templates to create in-depth surveys to get to the bottom of your customers’ wants and preferences. And if you’re at all unsure of what to ask, go back to the list of 180 questions prepared by Survey Monkey experts. The insights and trends you’ll gather will drive your business forward.
- Think with Google – Shopping Insights: Determining whether there’s a local interest in your brand, what’s trending in your niche area, to showing how you stack up against your rivals, reports from Google’s Shopping Insights are the way to stay on top at all times.
- AnswerThePublic: Discover question-based keywords your audience is asking on the internet.
- Google Trends: Stay abreast with trends around the world.
- Quora: Discover what people think about your industry and product.
- Reddit: Track popular questions and trends to achieve marketing success.
- Statista: Get insights and forecasts across 90+ digital markets in over 150 regions.
- Typeform: Easy-to-use interactive tool to create surveys, quizzes, or polls.
Marketing Automation Tools
Put repetitive tasks on autopilot to spend more time strategizing and scale your business growth.
- HubSpot: They offer a complete suite of solutions for sales, marketing, and support, making it one of the most popular tools in the biz. Talking specifically about the marketing automation offer, use their visual board to create targeted workflows. As you grow, come up with more complicated, but integrated workflows. If you get stuck, hop over to lessons on the HubSpot Academy.
- Pardot: It offers tons of features—lead management and generation, email marketing, keeping sales and marketing in sync, and more. By using Pardot, you’ll empower your marketing team and fuel marketing automation, but that’s if you’re a big enterprise.
- Active Campaign: User-friendly marketing automation + CRM software.
- Autopilot: A fun, visual way to create customer journeys.
- Drip: Powerful e-commerce marketing automation tool.
- Marketo: Ideal for enterprises.
- Prospect.io: Sales automation platform and drip campaigns.
Paid Advertising Tools
At the time of ever-changing algorithms of organic reach on the search and social media, paid ad tools are a great way to get your audiences’ attention.
- AdEspresso: Powered by Hootsuite, AdEspresso is a fantastic tool that lets you create, optimize and analyze ads for Facebook, Instagram, and Google—all on one platform. Its rich analytics makes possible a deeper understanding of how your audience responds to your ads and discover which social platforms are bringing you the maximum ROI.
- WordStream Advisor: WordStream makes advertising on Google, Bing, and Facebook easy for small-and-medium-sized businesses. Their popular 20-minute work week feature is a great way to learn how to optimize ad spend, target the right audience, and improve campaign performance.
- AdRoll: Run ad campaigns on the web, social, email, and beyond.
- iSpionage: Spy on competitors’ paid ads and keywords they’re targeting.
- Perfect Audience: Run retargeting across platforms and devices.
Search Engine Optimization Tools
SEO is important not only to rank higher on SERPs, but also provide an excellent user experience.
- Ahrefs’ Keyword Explorer: In addition to checking the true potential of your target keywords and analyzing their ranking difficulty, spot keywords that match search intent. The advanced actionable insights you’ll gather are second to none.
- LSI Graph: In an SEO context, LSI keywords are words that are related to the main keywords. By using LSI Graph, you’ll be able to discover your target keyword-related terms that’ll enable you to explain your on-page content better than your rivals and beat them hands-down on SERPs and niche.
- Google Keyword Planner: From volume and competition to related keywords, it’s a complete SEO tool.
- Moz: For rank tracking, backlink analysis, keyword research, rectifying technical SEO issues, and more.
- Screaming Frog: Spot duplicate content and technical SEO issues.
Social Media Automation Tools
Schedule your social media posts across multiple social accounts, engage in meaningful conversations, and make your presence felt 24/7 where your audience hangs out.
- Buffer: Their suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and responding to customer queries, makes it one of the most comprehensive and solid tools in the biz. Using it is a sure-fire way to boost your social media teams’ efficiency.
- Hootsuite: Known to be one of the biggest and an all-in-one social media management tool, Hootsuite allows you to schedule and monitor social content for over 35 social accounts; measure its impact; optimize ad spend by managing social and search ads, and much more.
- Iconosquare: Best social media management tool for Instagram.
- MeetEdgar: Automatically creates, shares, and repurposes content across your social accounts.
- Tailwind: Excellent Instagram and Pinterest management tool.
Social Media Monitoring Tools
News gets sucked into the internet black hole. The only way to keep up is by actively listening to the whispers and murmurs about you on social.
- Mention: Monitor Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram regarding what’s being said about you on news sites, in the press, on blogs, forums, and more. Plus, analyze your audiences’ sentiments in over 42 languages spoken across the world.
- Sprout Social: It’s an incredible tool to track real-time conversations around your brand. Simply create queries and access a pool of data to extract actionable insights. Filter trends based on demographics, location, etc., and leverage to gain a competitive edge by creating content around what you hear. Based on that, improve your social strategy and boost audience engagement.
- Followerwonk: Analyze and optimize growth on Twitter.
- Keyhole: Use it for advanced hashtag and keywords analysis on Twitter and Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
- TalkWalker: Monitor conversations about your own and rival brands.
- TweetDeck: Manage multiple Twitter accounts, lists, mentions, etc. for free.
These marketing tools can help you become an efficient digital marketer. The time you save can then be used to analyze mounds of actionable data you collect and make informed business decisions.
Which do you plan on using? Or, do you have a couple of favorite marketing tools that haven’t made the list? We’d love to know.